Giants Business World
This is the story of a man who loves soccer and literature more than anything in life. The world body of football, the Federation International de Football Associations [FIFA] recognized this soccer writer by giving direct accreditations to World Cup championships. He is Sri. Bhasi Malaparamba, founder member of Giants International Group of Kozhikode, the first group founded in Kerala in 1982.He adorned the post of Vice President of Giants Federation 4 A for two terms under Sri. M. S. Ramachandran and then occupied the coveted post of the Federation President in 2002.
The story begins in the later half of nineteen fifties when Mr.Bhasi [Bhaskaran being the full name] started playing football in the village paddy fields in Malaparamba, his birth place in Calicut Corporation, and later in the famous Mananchira Grounds where his seniors included Sri. T.A. Rahaman, later 1956 Olympian footballer, and Sri.A.Vasu, later a naxal activist known as Gro Vasu.
Bhasi started fiction writing when he was a student, under pen name ‘Bhasi Malaparamba’ adding his birth place to his name. His first novel ‘PANAPATHRATHINTE KAMUKI’ appeared in print in 1958, when he was only Pre-University[12th std.] student, was a best seller with five reprints appearing within three years . His name was well known in literary circles in Kerala through his novels titled ‘NEELATHADAKAM’, ‘AMBILICHOLA’ and ‘THURANKAM’ published in Malayala Manorama weekly.
As footballer, he was captain of the Kozhikode District team continuously for four years and played for Young Challengers Club for ten years winning District League four times in succession. After hanging his boots, he was in organizational rolls as Office bearer of District F.A. and State F.A. In 1992 he was elected as Vice President of District Sports Council, the highest post directly under District Collector, defeating the then City Mayor in the election. He also appeared in a Malayalam movie film with great ever green hero Prem Nazir titled FOOTBALL CHAMPION, produced by Jai Maruti Pictures, released in 1972.
He studied Diploma in Journalism and started writing on soccer from 1974 onwards. He was the only soccer writer from Kerala to cover the Mohun Bagan- New York Cosmos match at Eden Gardens at Calcutta when great Pele appeared for Cosmos on 23 September 1977. Later he was accredited for World Cup football in 1982 at Spain and covered it for Malayala Manorama daily. So far he has covered seven football world cups, Spain 1982,Mexico 1986, Italy 1990, France 1998, Korea-Japan 2002, Germany 2006, South Africa 2010 as freelance soccer journalist, directly accredited by FIFA, and covered these for Malayala Manorama , the largest circulated language daily in India with 1.95 million copies published from 15 units including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Dubai and Bahrein. During the world cups he interviewed many football legends like Pele, Socratese, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton etc. In 2008 he also covered EURO 2008 European football championship in Austria/ Switzerland for Malayala Manorama. In 2010 he was again accredited by FIFA for the FIFA World Cup 2010 S.AFRICA .This was his seventh coverage of Worlds Top Media Event and an Indian Record. In South Africa he again continued his usual work of coverage of the event and also interviewed many world soccer personalities and world cup winners. This includes interview of George Weah, Liberia who was winner of Ballon de Order [European Footballer ] award , Babeto [ World cup winner 1994 for Brazil], Berghomi, World Cup winner of Italy, Patric Kluivert of Holland, Chezare Maldini, Italy and many other world players.
His achievements also include:
- Recipient of Gold Medal from Govt. of Kerala, for Speedy Construction of Rajaji Road Calicut during Nehru Cup International Football Tournament in 19
- Published three serial novels in Malayala Manorama weekly during the period from 1962 to 1971titled NEELATHADAKAM, ABMILI CHOLA, and THURANKAM
- Published two children’s stories MURALI, PUTHIYA KSHETRANAL through Sahithya Pravarthaka Co-operative Society, Kottayam
- Published nine novels titled NEELATHADAKAM, AMBILI CHOLA, MANASSUKAL SAGARANGAL, VRINDA, PANAPATRATINTE KAMUKI, PANAPATRATIL KURE KANNUNEER, YAMUNA, VEZAMBALINTE VAZIKAL,SUSHAMAYUDE OLYMPIC PARVAM through famous publishers like National Book Stall, Kottayam, Malayala Manorama, Kottayam, H&C Stores, Kunnamkulam, B.K.M.Book Depot, Champakulam, Poorna Publications, Calicut
- Published three Sports Books, LOKA FOOTBALL, LOKA KAPPU FOOTBALL ORU CHARITHRAVALOKANM, GOLDEN GOAL through D C Books, Current Book
- Commentary for All India Radio, Asianet T.V.and Kairali T.V.done on several football championships including Nehru Cup 1991 at TVM and the Sao Polo –India match at Kochi 2005, several times
- His service organization is GIANTS INTERNATIONAL, which he joined as a CHARTER Member of GIANTS GROUP OF CALICUT , the first Giants Group in Kerala state, which was installed on 17 March 1983. He became its President in two terms and later was nominated by GIANTS INTERNATIONAL as President of GIANTS INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION 4 A with jurisdiction in Tamilnadu and Kerala. Presently he serves GIANTS INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION 4 as its Advisor.
He has received awards which include
- Best Foreign Journalist award from Global Association of Culture & Peace, Seoul, KOREA in 2002 during FIFA WORLD CUP KOREA- JAPAN 2002
- Best Reporter Award of FIFA WORLD CUP 2002 among Malayalam Journalists from Football Lovers Association, Trivandrum [ FLAT ] in 2002
- Award from Association of Engineers,Kerala for contribution for football in 2005
- Award from SAI MAA Foundation & Humanity in Unity in recognition for outstanding contribution towards promoting sports in 2007
Y. P. Trivedi
Y P TRIVEDI Elected unopposed to Parliament-Rajya Sabha
ADVOCATE, SUPREME COURT
Academic Qualifications : B.Com., LL.B.
(I)Activities in the Economic Field1.Chairman, Indo-African Chamber of Commerce
2.Ex-Hon. Consul of Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
3.Ex – President, Indian Merchants’ Chamber (IMC)
4.Ex-Chairman, India Calling (NRIs Conference, organised by IMC).
5.Ex-Chairman, Taxation Committee, Indian Merchants’ Chamber
6.Ex-Chairman, Taxation Committee, All India Manufacturers’ Association
7.Committee Member, All India Association of Industries (AIAI)
8.Working Committee, All India Manufacturers’ Association (AIMO)
9.Ex-Committee Member, Taxation Committee, Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
10.Ex-Member – Managing Committee, ASSOCHEM
11.Ex-Member – Co-ordination Committee, ASSOCHEM
12.Ex-Committee Member, Federation of Indian Exporters Organisation.(II)Activities in the Professional Field1) Ex-President, The Chamber of Income-tax Consultants
2) Ex-President, Income-tax Appellate Tribunal Bar Association
3) Ex-Member, Direct Taxes Advisory Committee for Western Region (Appointed by the Government of India)
(III)Activities in the Political Field
1)National Treasurer & Convenor of Economic Affairs Cell, Nationalist Congress Party.
2) Ex-Treasurer, Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC)
3) Ex-Treasurer, Bombay Regional Congress Committee (BRCC)
4) Ex-Member, Bombay Youth Congress
(IV)Activities in the Commercial Field:
|Name of Company||Position Held|
|1||Reliance Industries Limited||Director|
|2||Reliance Petroleum Ltd.||Director|
|3||Zodiac Clothing Co. Limited||Director|
|4||Birla Power Solution Limited||Director|
|5||Birla Cotsyn (India) Ltd.||Director|
|6||Metro Exporters Pvt.Ltd||Director|
|7||Safari Industries Limited||Director|
|8||Sai Service Station Limited||Chairman|
|9||Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works Limited||Chairman|
|10||Supreme Industries Ltd.||Director|
|11||Seksaria Biswan Sugar Factory Ltd||Director|
|12||New Consolidated Construction Co.Ltd||Director|
|13||Indian Merchants’ Chamber||Member, Managing Committee|
(V)Served as Chairman/Director in the past with:
1.Central Bank of India
2.Raymond Synthetics Ltd.,
3. Hindustan Latex Ltd.
4. Muller & Phipps Ltd
5. Dena Bank
6.Welspun Syntex Limited
(VI)Activities in the Education Field
1.Ex-Hon. Lecturer for Masters Degree in Law in Bombay University.
2.Committee Member, Indian Cultural League Education Society & Commerce at Vashi, New Bombay.
3. Faculty Member for Taxation Course, S.N.D.T. University.
(VII)Activities in the Medical Field
a) Secretary and Treasurer, Indian Medical Research Society. Under this organisation, very important research programmes are being conducted at :
J. J. Hospital, ii) Harkisandas Hospital
b) Vice-President, J. K. Medical & Scientific Research Society. Under this organisation, important research in the field of Epilepsy is being conducted by eminent Neurologists.
(VIII)Activities in the Sports Field
Chairman, J. K. Sports Foundation. Under this Chairmanship, the following are amongst some of the important programmes undertaken :
1) National Aquatic Meet, where swimmers from Sri Lanka participated and 14 national records were broken.
2) All Bombay Schools Athletic Meet at the Brabourne Stadium, Bombay.
3) International Snookers Championship.
4) Undertaken to build a new Sports Complex at New Bombay.
(IX)Activities in the Social Field
1) Ex-President, Bruhad Mumbai Gujarati Samaj
2) Ex-President, Indo American Society
3) Founder President, Malabar Hill Junior Chamber
4) Senator, Junior Chamber International
5) Central Committee, Giants International
6) Ex-President, Organisation for Public Life (OPUL)
7) Ex-President, Western India Automobiles Association (WIAA)
8) Ex-President, Federation of Indian Automobile Association (FIAA)
1.Award of Merit – Junior Chamber of Commerce, 1965.
2.Hum Log Foundation Indira Gandhi Award, 1988.
3.Association of Leasing & Financial Services Company Award, 1993.
4.Gurjar Ratna Award
5.Kala Gurjari, etc., etc.
(XI) Miscellaneous Activities
1) Writing weekly Taxation column for the Economic Times.
2) Addressing meetings and seminars held by Lions, Rotary Clubs and Junior Chamber; Guest Speaker at Bajaj Institute of Management, Bombay, All India Radio (AIR) and Doordarshan.
3) Widely travelled in India and abroad.